Job Number: 105405
Salary: $50-78k per year
Position: Shop Accountant
The Shop Accountant will possess an understanding of financial accounting standards & procedures and apply knowledge to properly oversee all financial transactions at the shop level along with heavy inventory. This position will be responsible for the preparation and interpretation of month end closing activities, inventory control and billing analysis.
• Provide financial direction/support to shop managers/core management teams
• Prepare financial analysis to monitor spending in key areas (labor, inventory, etc.)
• Maintain active participation in plant operations
• Monitor and enforce internal controls and ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures
• Participate and facilitate cost reduction in inventory procedures
• Prepare physical inventory reporting and cycle count analysis
• Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with shop costs and inventory valuation
• Assist with the review of excess/obsolete inventory/long lead time inventory
• Conduct inventory reconciliations monthly
• Prepare various financial models, as appropriate; prepare and review various account reconciliations
• Prepare monthly WIP analysis
• Analyze plant labor and inventory transactions for optimal billing levels
• Perform work order review/analysis for accuracy and completeness
• Participate in month-end close activities/related variances, analysis, monthly shop performance
• Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP through analysis and internal audit of material issues, shop labor and work order processing
• Review Freight In/Out on a monthly basis
• Represent Accounting on teams designed to improve operations, reduce costs, eliminate error, etc.
• Perform other related duties as assigned Skills:
• Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where standardization generally exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral format.
• Familiarity with accounting software systems. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Must be able to withstand reasonable physical demands to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in a shop environment.
• Excellent time management, organization, communication and leadership skills. Experience and Education:
• High school diploma.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Accounting in a job costing environment.
• Hands-on ERP experience preferred, experience with Sage Construction a plus.