Job Number: 105117
Salary: $40-50,000 annually
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Mill Manager is responsible for coordinating and directing the programs and functions of the mill in accordance with established Federal, State, and Local guidelines and company policies. The Manager is responsible for managing operations and the staff to optimize efficiency and profitability. This is a direct hire opportunity with the client.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage the feed mill and its production schedule.
- Manages, leads and develops all mill personnel.
- Daily and Month End Mill inventory.
- Daily mill batch report.
- Determine mill production sequencing.
- Knowledge on running the Interstates mill system efficiently.
- Prep batch sheets in WOE (Work order Editor)
- Review and corrective action report on daily tolerance report.
- Review daily batch sheets.
- Review each shift production.
- Coordinate maintenance activities.
- Assist Maintenance Manager with scheduling maintenance down time and reporting necessary mill repairs.
- Assist in overseeing inbound and outbound of all bulk ingredients and recipes.
- nsures compliance with all OSHA, ISO, FSMA, animal well-being and other safety procedures, rules and regulations.
- Assist Merchandiser with schedule/purchasing inbound ingredients and inbound transportation.
- Provide the necessary safety paperwork and report safety hazards with the mill and maintenance department.
- Assist in the safety audit with the safety director.
- Assist the Quality Control Department with all mill audits.
- Responsible for ensuring inbound and outbound products are labeled in accordance with company objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Responsibility to identify and communicate food safety and/or product integrity issues to appropriate personnel.
- Assist QA and direct mill team with housekeeping procedures and quality control procedures.
- Assist the accounting department with batching, IDS and inventory.
- Cover for the Team Leader positions.
- Be available to help in all divisions of the company as assigned by management.
- Develop and review PQS sheets with your employees and assist them in training.
- Evaluate the performance of your employees, write reviews, effectively recommends hiring, promotion, termination, disciplinary, and commendatory actions of all assigned personnel.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required and is an essential function of the position.
Requirements of the Job:
- 2-3 years of success experience in a grain milling environment, with at least 2 years in supervisory/management position.
- High School Diploma or BS in Agriculture with emphasis in Milling Science is a plus.
- A good understanding of OSHA/HACCP guidelines is needed.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills required.
- Computer literate and knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs.
- Physical Demand Assessment – Level 2 Physical Test
- Pre-employment Drug screen